After getting a few questions here and there about what my makeup/skin care routine is,
I decided to go ahead and share the products I use and love with all of you.
Some of the products are recent additions to my life,
and some I have been a faithful user of for years.
1. St. Ives Apricot Scrub: It is cheap, and gets the job done. Now, everyone has a different skin type. I don't typically ever get break outs or white heads (knock on wood). But I do get black heads occasionally on my chin or around my nose, and this solves that issue for me. Stephen and I both use it and love it. I know a lot of people go out and spend a lot of money on certain special products for skin care, or buy organic etc, but for me, since I have never really had a problem with my skin, I tend to just stick to what works for me. I understand everyone has a different preference.
2. DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew: I LOVE this. It is like the perfect amount of moisture for my face. I typically have dry skin when the weather changes, and my skin will literally suck up the thickest of lotions, but I have found this one to be really great without being oily..hence oil-free.
3. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer: I used this before I apply the silk creme foundation. This helps the foundation adhere evenly to the skin. You should always use a foundation primer before applying any type of liquid foundation.
4. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: I asked one of my favorite makeup artists back in the day, what foundation he recommended. He said either Laura Mercier or Armani. Both pretty pricey, but I obviously went with the more affordable of the two. I am a HUGE liquid foundation fan. I absolutely hate power foundations. This is just my personal preference though, and yes I have tried both. I think you get the best full coverage with a liquid foundation, and if applied correctly (same with a powder) it wont look too thick or cakey. I swear by Laura Mercier, and have used this foundation now for probably close to 10 years. It also lasts forever, so while the initial price might seem a little expensive, it goes such a long way. I use cream ivory in the winter (sad face) and beige ivory when I have my normal color back.
5. Susan Posnick ColorCorrect (C2): I was recently turned on to Susan Posnick by a friend of mine, and then was sent some makeup of my choosing from the company. It is now all I use, along with my other daily products. This Colorcorrect serves a double purpose. It is a concealer (for dark under eye circles, blemishes, etc) and a highlighter for the T-Zone area. I use this after I apply my foundation.
6. Susan Posnick ColorMe (Peony and Ginger): Love these two. A few people asked what blush I use; it's Susan Posnick ColorMe in Peony. I use the Ginger as a bronzer. I am not a huge fan of the applicator on the bottle, but I just take the top off and use a blush brush instead of the applicator.
7. Laura Mercier Eye Shadow Duet: I love this combo for a smokier eye, or I put it on lightly and mix it with some gold tones for a more day time look.
8. Susan Posnick Coloreyedefine (jet liner and moonshine): I use this liner when I am going for a softer look as opposed to maybe a liquid eyeliner. I use the moonshine on the inner corners of my eyes as a highlighting technique.
9. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder: I apply this after I have applied all of my makeup (foundation, blush, bronzer). It just sets everything and gives your skin a really soft even texture, and highlights in just the right places. I love it.
10. Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara: I use this mascara when I am just running around during the day, meeting friends, etc and want to look more fresh faced. It goes on pretty light and not clumpy. It also makes my eyelashes seem super long.
11. Covergirl Lashblast volume Mascara: I use this for when I am taking photos or going out at night. It goes on thicker and obviously isnt as great of quality like the Laura Mercier (I mean duh, it's only 4 bucks) but I sort of love it and have used it forever.
12. Susan Posnick Coloressentials (dubai): Probably some of the best lipstick I have ever used. It is really mousturizing and lasts a long time. I sometimes use it on its own, or ill sort of mix a couple lipsticks together until I get the color I want.
13. Maybelline Colorsensational (Pink Punch): I am not seeing it online, but I am pretty sure you can get it at target (US) or Boots (UK). This is the pink lipstick you have often seen me wearing. Sometimes I mix it with Dubai to tone it down.
What is your make up go tos?
Are you a liquid foundation girl or powder?
Any of the above you might give a go?